Sector-based COVID-19 webinars were held for CUPE members who are Health and Safety Representatives or members of the Joint Health and Safety Committee in their workplaces.
The hour-long Webinars provided representatives and committee members with fundamental health and safety principles and how they can be applied during the COVID-19 crisis, as well as a review of their rights, powers, and functions under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The six webinars were presented for the following workplace sectors:
- Hospitals and Municipal Health i.e. Public Health/Paramedics (https://youtu.be/CbEQMrD4yHg)
- Social Services Sector – Developmental Service, Community Living, Homes, Shelters, Child Care, CAS, Assisted, and Co-Living (https://youtu.be/x-Lyp8t-dwo)
- Long Term Care and Retirement Homes (https://youtu.be/K2jdaicjfeY)
- Municipal/Libraries (Inside and Outside Workers) – non-health care related (https://youtu.be/NEcxLLpdMlg)
- School Boards/Universities (https://youtu.be/y1Cg2JrgtkQ)
- All Sectors – French (https://youtu.be/nfUKna6BhJU)